H. Gene Hawkins, Jr., Ph.D., P.E.
Retired Professor, Zachry Department of Civil Engineering
Retired Research Engineer, Texas A&M Transportation Institute
firstname.lastname@example.org (TAMU email active)
- Ph.D., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, May 1993
- M.E., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, May 1983
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University, May 1981
- Senior Principle Engineer, Kittelson LLC, 2022-present.
- Department of Civil Engineering, Texas A&M University: Professor, 2016-2022; Associate Professor, 2004-2016.
- Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Texas A&M University System: Research Engineer, 2001-2022; Division Head, 1999-2004; Associate Research Engineer, 1993-2001; Program Manager, 1993-1999; Assistant Research Engineer, 1987-1993; Engineering Research Associate, 1986-1987.
- Hawkins Engineering, College Station, Texas: President, 1994-Present.
- Walton & Associates Consulting Engineers, Inc., Associate, 1983-1986.
- A leading expert on the Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices
- Has extensive background in traffic operations, particularly policy/practice documents
- Evaluating how the human element impacts transportation systems
- The role of retroreflectivity on the visibility of the roadway environment
- General Writing Guidelines
- Guidelines for Dr. Hawkins Graduate students, including Thesis/Dissertation Guidelines